Saturday, September 24, 2005

Kemo'o's and Vonnegut

Kemo'o's is a bar across the street from the base I'm stationed at in Hawai'i. By the way, I'm a medic in the Army. We're caught up a little bit now.

I go to the bar tonight, take my seat and order a water from the bartender. She smiles and says, "On its way." She pours the drink and brings me a Bud Light in a pint glass. It's our little joke, which I don't mind at all. She denounces my drink of choice as canoe beer and I smile and drink. The bartenders at Kemo'o's are all women and all pretty damn attractive. They're usually scantily dressed which I don't mind at all. I wish they were naked but apparently I'm a bit lazy with my imagination. You'll have that.

Kemo, in Arabic, means bike. I'm not sure the spelling is the same but they sound the same to me. Of course, spelling is a bit of a chore for me; which is why there's always a dictionary beside my computer. There's no silent numbers in math, why in spelling? 896 is 896, not 96 with a silent 8. Yes I'm lazy and from a spell check generation. Again... you'll have that. And so on.

And so on. If you're a Kurt Vonnegut fan, as I am, you'll find that phrase familiar. One of my dogtags, as religious preferance, says Bokononist. The other one says Jedi Knight. Yes, you can construe from the last two sentences that I'm indeed not religious, specifically of the big three. Busy, busy busy.

As you can probably tell from this rambling diatribe that it fits perfectly with the name of my blog.

I'm not part of the coalition by any means, but I'm a big fan of rainbows. If you don't see a rainbow in Hawai'i, then you're really not looking for one. They're everywhere and just, to me at least, magical. No charms though... nor delicious. Though I've never tasted one and we're just getting on the ridiculous track here. Which leads me to a rhetorical question... unless you know the answer: What is at the end of a Hawai'ian rainbow?

I think I've filled my babble quotient for this evening and will take my drunk ass to bed. There's early to get up to and golf to be played... probably clubs to be thrown... and maybe a beach to rest. I'll let you know... whoever you are. Writing this blog is a lot like talking to myself but without all the annoying questions.

End comments.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger ALAN said...

I think you have filled your babble quota for many evenings. That however is besides the point. It is not important. What is important, is the fact that some one named ALAN read it and commented on it. Your blog is now linked from my blog.


OUT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home